The site is still missing features — and worse, basic pages.
I've been playing with Drupal custom modules and blocks. There was a module I wanted here, randomly displaying a banner for one of the open source programs I use to create content for this project. It's written, but instead of using official logos I decided to create a simple set of images based on them. This means more time practicing and less looking for the right images and licenses. Some of which I might not find, from what I saw.
After that I tried a custom block. They are nice and fast to work with for simple things (if you remember to turn support for PHP input on when you need it :) ).
It's called themata and right now can be seen as the first block at the right. Just a lot of interesting links, with a bit of PHP to make the internal ones link to the pages in the current language. All the content was handwritten, but today I made a quick Python script to redo it, in case I want to add more links and vary it a little. Since it's inspired by tag clouds, a little CSS would be nice, too.
Nothing worth mentioning, but writing it gave me the idea that the arca is a good place to publish code, too.
And also made me try vim's HTML generator, which converts whatever the editor is displaying to HTML. After tweaking it to use XHTML and CSS:
:let use_xhtml = 1
:let html_use_css = 1
It generated, using the command:
valid XHTML, no warnings or errors, according to HTML tidy.